So 2011 has been and gone. Again Hannah has inspired me to do this summary of the year that was. So here goes:
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I consistently went running. Hmmm, have I done that before? Was that even last year? I think it was… I signed up to Run Auckland and was getting stuck into doing 5km runs. Evenings were spent running away from the children (kidding) but running outside was so lovely and even if it was only for half an hour. Daylight savings kinda through a spanner in the works amongst other medical conditions. I am hoping that at some point in 2012 I will get back into consistently running again.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Probably not considering they are usually being better with my money! I have made some for 2012. (yes being better with money is one of them!)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES, I became an Aunty twice… the gorgeous cheeky Mako and the lovely handsome Roman. I wish you both lived closer so I could do more Aunty duties and we could spend more time together.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Oma. At 91 she passed whilst jet setting on holiday in SPAIN, no less. I hope I am traveling and getting up to as much mischief as she was well into her late 80s. She is now RIP with my Opa.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Having more energy, more motivation to get things done, being more organized. Being more motivated to make new food and baking. 2011 wasn’t my most organized year.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
22nd February – the day of the Christchurch Earthquake. I had a tummy bug in bed and my sister gave birth to her first baby.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a new house. Gary finally caved. This post here was quite an achievement too!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think I have failed at anything particularly. I probably could have been better at doing some things though.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only nauseousness at times. No injuries !
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new house!
The iMac was pretty cool too
12. Where did most of your money go?
ahem new house and lots of things to go in it!
Gear for the kids
The Fiji holiday
Me personally scrapbook products and clothes
13. What did you get really excited about?
Being an aunty, watching Taylor grow up and explore the world, the new house, Liam’s artwork for their art festival! New house
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Songs by Adele, Bruno Mars, Foster the People, and Rihanna, Gin Wigmore- Black Sheep, Flo Rida – Good feeling, LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem, Maroon 5 – Moves like Jagger
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier but I was happy last year too.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner whilst running but now getting fFatter. But hoping that is only temporary!
– richer or poorer? probably poorer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Hmmmm, I don’t really have anything that I wish I had done. I don’t tend to focus on what I could have done rather than what I did do. I would have liked to participate in my online scrapping challenges.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Probably spending too much time on the computer!
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas lunch at our place with family and friends over in the afternoon. A lot of of it was spent watching a giant pool being put up in the backyard (not very successfully !)
19. What were your favourite TV programmes?
Greys, Private Practice, lots of reality TV, modern family, doctor who, game of thrones, torchwood, there is probably more but I can’t think of them !
20. What were your favourite books of the year?
Game of thrones, whatever was free and easy to read!
21. What was your favourite music from this year?
top 20, as above
22. What were your favourite films of the year?
Didn’t really see any films that stood out as being great!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hmmmm, I have NO IDEA… but it must have been good right? I do know that I turned 33.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Buying a new house. Just living and enjoying life really. Not one thing that made it particularly more satisfying.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
jeans… as with every other year… denim all the way. Simple and comfortable!
26. What kept you sane?
Coffee, Gary and Chocolate and then some more Coffee
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Things happen when you least expect it! AND if you nag for long enough your husband will give in (new house!)